Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Hydrophilic — PVDF-Plus™
The GVS PVDF Transfer Membrane is a naturally Hydrophilic, unsupported transfer membrane. It has a high binding capacity and low backgrounds and is ideal for use in protein binding applications such as Western blots, solid phase assays and immunoblotting procedures.
• Western blots
• Solid phase assays
• Amino acid or protein analyses
Features & Benefits
• Superior strength: Can withstand aggressive handling or be used with automated equipment without breaking or tearing
• Low extractables: Ensures tests will be clean with consistent results
• Exceptional sensitivity: Detects low-level components
• Hydrophilic: For high protein binding
• Lot-to-lot consistency:Quality checks ensure consistent binding for dependable results every time
• BSA protein binding capacity is 125 mg/cm2
• High range of chemical: Resistant to most commonly used chemicals compatible with chemically aggressive solvents
Exceptional Strength and Chemical Compatibility
GVS PVDF is a naturally Hydrophilic, unsupported transfer membrane. It has a high binding capacity, which prevents protein from passing through the membrane, and a low background that provides for an excellent signal-noise ratio. It also has exceptional tensile strength, preventing it from cracking, tearing, breaking or curling. This membrane also has broad chemical compatibility, which is important when used with common stains such as Amido Black, Colloidal Gold, Coomassie Blue, India Ink and Ponceau-S. GVS PVDF will not degrade, distort or shrink when a high concentration of methanol is used for destaining. Its exceptional strength, high binding capacity and chemical compatibility make GVS PVDF ideal for use in Western blots, immunoblotting, and solid phase assays and plaque lifts.
Flexibility for OEM Requirements
GVS PVDF Transfer Membrane is available in rolls up to 30 cm (12 inches) wide, as well as sheets and cut disks that can be customized to meet your application and size requirements. Because the GVS PVDF Transfer Membrane is manufactured on-site in GVS facilities, all customization is easy and cost-effective.